Tips for Parents and Guardians
1. Set appropriate ground rules for your children’s use of wireless devices. Decide who they may communicate with and how they may use these devices.
2. Monitor your wireless bill to keep track of the amount of time and time of the day or night your children spend using these devices, and with whom they communicate. Pay attention to numbers or messages from people you do not recognize or have not approved.
3. Teach your children to tell you if anyone sends them a threatening or frightening message. Also teach them how to block unwanted calls and messages. If your children are being stalked, harassed, or threatened in any way, report the incident to your service provider and local law-enforcement agency. If the material is lewd, obscene, or illegal also report it to the National Center for Missing & Exploited.
4. Remind your children messages may be intercepted or used by others. Teach them to use appropriate language in their messages and not to reveal personal or identifying information. Explain to them the potential consequences of sending sexually explicit or provocative images of themselves or others.
5. Know your children’s passwords and assist them in setting up their account. Think about setting controls to block calls from numbers you have not approved.
6. Consider creating settings to control or prohibit access to the Internet, e-mail, and messaging through your children’s wireless devices. Also consider disabling the wireless device’s camera feature. A global-positioning system (GPS) option, if offered by your service provider, could be used to help locate your children if they become lost.
7. Monitor your children’s wireless use just as you do their online computer use. Keep the lines of communication open with your children so they will be more likely to tell you if they have concerns about someone contacting them or information they have received.
In addition, a powerful and multi-functional Mobile Phone Parental Control Software would help more to protect your children from online predator, cyberbullying and other online risks.
Do you need the ability to filter, block and monitor every aspect of how your child uses their Windows Mobile? If yes, then SurveilStar Mobile Phone Parental Control software is ideal for you. Install this small program onto your child’s compatible Mobile Phone to begin recording. After the software is installed, you can setup specific restrictions for instant Message, websites, application, etc. The internet monitoring software can also record all your kids’ online activities.
With SurveilStar Mobile Phone Parental Control Software, you can: