The success of Social Networking sites like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, LinkedIn is all about the WEb 2.0 era. The popularity of them is growing day by day and people have started finding answers to their problems through searches with these sites. Most school administrators always try to find a efficient way to block these social networking sites– YouTube, Facebook, MySpace, etc.– to restrict access on campus and protect students on line safety.
Surveilstar Any Web Protection Software can help to block social networking sites easily and increase student time on task. Or allow visiting social networking sites in the specific time set by Surveilstar Social Networking Sites Blocking Software.
What Are Social Networking Sites?
Social networking refers to the act of building “networks” of people on specific websites. Social networking takes place among people who share something — a political leaning, an interest in a particular movie or musician, or an activity like yoga or gun collecting. Famous social networking sites includes Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, LinkedIn, Nexopia, Hi5, Bebo, StudiVZ, Decayenne, Tagged, XING, Badoo, Skyrock, Friendster, Mixi, Orkut, Xiaonei, Kaixin, etc.
Why should School Block Social Networking Sites?
Social networking sites are a major distraction to students in classrooms with computers or wireless internet. Students that are on social networking sites in schools are distracted from real learning. They may be in a classroom during a lecture and have their laptop out, considered acceptable and useful for note-taking, but are instead browsing friends’ profiles on a social networking site. Students can easily get away with this because their screens generally face away from the professor and lecturer. The temptation is apparently too great to resist, and it is unreasonable to expect that teachers can somehow regulate this problem effectively; they can’t walk around the room constantly checking what is on students’ screens. This problem is so widespread, so unresolvable by other means, and so unfortunate to quality education, that it is reasonable for schools to take the decisive step of blocking student access to these sites through school or classroom computers or over local area wireless networks in the classroom.
Block Social Networking Sites with SurveilStar Any Web Protection
SurveilStar Social Networking Sites Blocking Software is a versatile school internet monitoring application which records every details of student’s internet activity and operations on computers. SurveilStar Social Networking Sites Blocking Software also helps to block any websites which school administrators don’t want students to have access. Those websites are mainly porn websites, social networking sites and online video sharing websites. In SurveilStar, you can create a web policy for specific websites to allow or block access to these social networking sites. To block social networking sites, you can simply create a web policy and type in the website address and apply. For blocking MySpace, you can type in www.myspace.com without adding http://. Wildcard character can be also used. For example, type in *facebook* and any website whose address includes facebook will be blocked. Blocking social networking sites with SurveilStar is very easy. Below are the key features of SurveilStar Social Networking Sites Blocking Software:
• Block students from visiting malicious, inappropriate websites or web site categories during specified time range to maker sure they don’t wasting to much time on social websites and increase their time on task.
• Allow students browsing certain websites or website categories and custom web site categories according to your management needs
• Limit the usage of inappropriate applications/ application categories (e.g., AIM, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, Worldcraft)
• Prohibit students from using specific applications or application categories during a specific time range and categorize all applications according to your management needs
• Send warning messages to users if they are trying to run unpermitted applications, pop up alert messages if unauthorized users access to prohibited applications
• Block FTP port, download ports and illegal network share
• Block email by time, sender, recipient, subject, and email size. Block emails with attachments or attachments exceeding limited size.
• Block IM outgoing files with specific file names. Block specified users from sending files via IM applications
Monitor School Web with SurveilStar Social Networking Sites Blocking Software
• Take real-time screen snapshots, monitor remotely multi-computer screens, and review screen history to allows the teacher to quickly view each student’s screen.
• Record both sent and received emails and webmails from Yahoo, Hotmail, Outlook / Outlook Express, etc.
• Record instant messages from AOL Chat, AIM, Yahoo Messenger, Facebook & Myspace Chat, etc.
• Record all websites visited and let you know which websites they visited and how much time they spent on the sites.
• Present a statistic on pages visited, time and length of visit, the application usage.
• Provide the password to ensure that only authorized people have access to SurveilStar Network Monitor Software.